Lost or Stolen Driver's License
If your license is lost, destroyed, or becomes illegible, but has not yet expired, you should apply for a duplicate license at the License Department with acceptable identification. No examination is necessary but proof of identity such as a certified birth certificate is required at time of application.
Any person making a false affidavit in obtaining a duplicate driver license may be charged with Forgery (Title 13A-9-3) or Perjury (Title 13A-I 1-102) or both under the Criminal code of Alabama and punished accordingly by fine and imprisonment or both.
If your license has been lost or stolen, you need to report it to law enforcement for your protection.
Required Documentation (One of the Following)
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Valid Passport
- Valid Military Identification
- Certified School Record (from a local school with applicant's full name and date of birth)
- Certified Marriage License (with name and date of birth on it)
- A list of additional acceptable documents can be found here.
$31.25 for duplicate license (cash or local check)