256-532-1512 or 256-532-3718
3210 Hi-Lo Circle,
Hsv 35811, Fax 256-532-1569.
The Madison County Sanitation Department
provides curb side garbage collection to approximately 58,000
residential and business customers in Madison County, coordinates the
Madison County Recycling Program, and routes all requests for trash
collection (old furniture, appliances, tree limbs, etc.), to the proper
district. Citizens with questions or problems related to garbage
collection, recycling, litter control, or trash collection should call
Ginger Lowry, Assistant Director
The Madison County Sanitation Department provides regular garbage pick-up service to all Madison County residents. Call 256-532-3718.
Republic Services Curbside Recycling: Week of 9/1/14 through 9/6/14
- Monday September 1st, Closed for Labor Day
- Tuesday September 2nd, Monday recyclables collected
- Wednesday September 3rd, Tuesday recyclables collected
- Thursday September 4th, Wednesday recyclables collected
- Friday September 5th, Thursday recyclables collected
- Saturday September 6th, Friday recyclables collected
Join the Madison County Sanitation Department email list
2013/2014 Holiday Garbage Pickup Schedule
To find out when your regularly
scheduled garbage pick up day is please type in the first few letters of
your street name and click Show Pickup Day:
Carts provided by Madison County will be serviced.
- Place only
food, paper products, and items you usually place in kitchen and
bathroom containers in the automated cart. No Yard Waste or Ashes
All garbage must be bagged and placed inside county provided
- Place your cart at the curb before 6:00 a.m. on
collection day with arrows pointing toward roadway.
- Place the
cart 3 feet from any mailbox, telephone poles, parked cars, recycle
bins, cars, or any obstruction.
- Automated Carts containing
non–household items will not be serviced.
- Trucks will not
return to collect carts that are placed out late, blocked, too close to
obstructions, or contains non-household items.
- Drivers are not
responsible for the clean up of spillage that is a result of overfilled
carts or garbage not being bagged.
- A second automated garbage
cart may be obtained at $5.00 per month. This fee will be added to your
utility bill. Fill out the 2nd Cart Request Form and either fax, mail or email it to the address on the form to request a second cart.
- Place your containers on the curb by 6:00 a.m.
- Containers should not be
- Damaged or missing carts please fill out the request for cart repair form and return by email, or fax.
Madison County Commission districts
provide regular trash pick-up service to county residents. Contact your
Take bulky items such as
shingles, construction debris and appliances to the Huntsville Landfill
at 4100 Leeman Ferry Road. Call 256-881-8700.
Tires need to be
taken to the Huntsville Waste-to-Energy Facility at 5251 Triana
Boulevard. Call 256-880-6054.
Curbside or drop-site service is available to all county residents. Call 256-532-1512.
Visit the Solid Waste Disposal Authority for additional information on recycling.
If there is a problem with recycling collection please call Allied Waste at 256-830-BINS(2467).
Please call 256-532-1512 to determine if you are in the curbside area and need a bin.
- #1 & #2 small-necked
plastic containers (no poison or oil containers)
- aluminum or
steel cans (including EMPTY aerosol cans)
- newspapers, flyers,
inserts & magazines printed on slick, glossy paper
- household dry cell batteries from cameras, toys, watches, etc.
(put in a plastic bag & place beside your bin)
- used motor oil (pour into a clear, plastic container with a lid & place beside
- cereal boxes
- cardboard that will fit in the bin
- office paper, envelopes and stationery
- paperback books and comic books
- #1 & #2 small-necked plastic containers (no poison or oil containers)
- aluminum or steel cans (including EMPTY aerosol cans)
- newspapers, inserts & magazines printed on slick, glossy paper
775 Butter & Egg Road
222 Hayden St.
District 1 Landfill
Owens Cross Roads
Berkley Senior Center
Old Highway 431